House with Multiple Occupancies Application

Highway licences and consents

If you need to obstruct or dig up the highway, you need to apply for a licence or consent to do so

West Sussex County Council licence any objects, obstructions or excavations on the highway.

This site allows licence applications for all highway licenses including Section 50, Section 171, skips, scaffoldings, hoardings, MEWPs, Materials on the Highway, directional developer signs, VCO (dropped-kerb) applications, Mobile/Tower Crane, and Traffic Survey Equipment licensing.

Guidance for these licenses are detailed in the following pages.

For any questions, please contact

Apply Now

Resume a previous application